Join Team Adelaide!
Team Adelaide is our team of marketing and coach-support volunteers. Team Adelaide is a great volunteer opportunity for those who cannot commit to a structured coaching schedule but who want to be involved with Girls on the Run in Stark County or Wayne County.
Team Adelaide members can set up responsibilities that best fits their schedule and abilities. All Adelaides will be required to attend a Team Adelaide training, but can choose from the following responsibilities:
- Set up & complete site visits within a school district (you'll be able to participate in some lessons as a guest coach)
- Act as a substitute coach, if needed and available
- Act as a team assistant at the GOTR 5k
- Deliver team t-shirts, snacks, and/or missing supplies
- Act as the connection between coaches and GOTR Stark staff
- Help deliver materials to potential new GOTR hosts
- Be a coach trainer or training assistant (previous GOTR coaching experience required)
- Deliver flyers and marketing materials to schools and local businesses
- Share GOTR messaging online
- Work at the Girls on the Run booth at various events or school open houses
How it works
- Each Team Adelaide member will need to complete a General Volunteer application here.
- We will work with you to determine your responsibilities for the season based on your schedule and skills.
Depending on responsibilities, Team Adelaide members can earn the following:
- Program t-shirt & tote bag
- Discount codes for local races
- Guaranteed registration for your GOTR girl(s) at the site of your choice (if registered one month prior to the start of registration: July 15 for fall and Jan 15 for spring).
- Discounted 5k registration for the Stark and/or Wayne County GOTR 5k Run/Walks.
Apply to be a member of Team Adelaide online here.
"I learned that to be confident in all you do and that who you are is great."
–2015 Girls on the Run Participant